Easy vegetable quesadilla is a flavourful dish loaded with vegetables and cheese. This Mexican inspired cheesy quesadilla is quick to make and perfect to serve as dinner, snack or lunch.
This enticing veggie quesadilla is an ideal recipe to cook with kids. Certainly, it encourages kids to choose their own filling and try new vegetables.
I haven't added any chillies or spices other than cumin as I made this recipe specifically for my little girl. So add spices if you are making it for older kids or adults.
Beans make a good protein-rich addition. Mix in a spoonful of boiled or tinned black beans or kidney beans to cooked vegetables.
Use up leftover chapatis instead of tortillas.
Add chillies or jalapenos to spice up quesadilla.
Consider adding grated paneer, a bit of garam masala to make an Indian vegetable quesadilla.
Vegetable Filling Options
Try to include any vegetables of your choice. This recipe is the best option to use up leftover vegetables or clean up veggies from the fridge.
Quesadilla serving suggestions
Quesadilla pairs well with salsa or guacamole.
Quesadilla paired with simple salad such as corn cucumber tomato salad and dip makes a simple yet filling meal.
Tips and tricks
Do not use too much butter/oil while cooking quesadilla as it makes quesadilla soggy and greasy.
To get crispy quesadilla, just add a little oil/butter enough to coat the base of the pan while cooking quesadilla.
Cook quesadilla on moderate heat so the cheese melts slowly. High heat results in browning tortilla quickly but cheese may not melt completely.
Cook both sides long enough to ensure tortilla turns deep golden and crispy.
More Kid-friendly Recipes
Tortilla: I've used wheat tortillas, feel free to use any type of tortilla you have in hand.
Vegetable: onion, coriander, bell peppers and corn have been used here. I've used frozen corn but tinned or fresh corn works as well.
Spices: I've used just ground cumin as this is a kid-friendly quesadilla. Consider chilli flakes/jalepeno/green chillies to spice it up.
Cheese: cheddar cheese has been used here. Feel free to use whatever cheese you have in hand.
1. Heat oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Once oil is hot add corn, onion, bell peppers, salt, cumin. Saute vegetables until onion turns soft and translucent.
2. Melt butter in a pan, warm tortilla for about 20 seconds, sprinkle half the tortilla with cheese, top up with cooked vegetables and more cheese.
3. Fold the empty side of tortilla over fillings and cook until tortilla turn crisp and golden. Reduce heat whenever necessary.
4. Carefully flip tortilla and cook until the other side turns crispy and golden. Immediately take tortilla out of the pan. Cut each tortilla into half.
Enjoy veggie cheesy quesadilla with any side dish of your choice.
1 cup = 250ml ; 1 tablespoon =15ml ; 1 teaspoon = 5ml
- 2 Tortillas
- ½ cup (or) 77 gms Frozen Corn thawed
- ¾ cup (or) 76 gms Green and Red Capsicum (bell peppers) sliced
- 1 cup (or) 68 gms (or) 1 small Red Onion Sliced
- 1 cup (or) 106 gms Cheddar Cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- as required Salt
- ½ tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- handful Fresh Coriander chopped
- Before you get started, watch a quick recipe video.
- Check tips and tricks for more information about the recipe.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Once oil is hot add corn, onion, bell peppers, salt, cumin. Saute vegetables until onion turns soft and translucent.
- Melt butter in a pan, warm tortilla for about 20 seconds, sprinkle half the tortilla with cheese, top up with cooked vegetables and more cheese.
- Fold the empty side of tortilla over fillings and cook until tortilla turn crisp and golden.
- Carefully flip tortilla and cook until the other side turns crispy and golden.
- Immediately take tortilla out of the pan.
- Enjoy veggie cheesy quesadilla with any side dish of your choice.
Do let me know if you make this easy vegetable quesadilla. I love hearing from you all. If you like this recipe kindly consider rating it using stars in the comment section or in the recipe card to help more people find this recipe online.