Lemon rice is one of the simple and easy dishes to make. It is most popular and often prepared rice in South India. Here is the recipe of amazing sour and flavourful lemon rice.Here is the easy rice recipe with step by step photos and video.
Servings: 3 people
Gluten free, Vegan
1 Cup = 240ml
- 3 cups Rice cooked
- 1/2 Lime Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- As Required Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 tsp Chana Dal
- 2 tbsp Peanuts
- 2 Green Chillies slit
- 1 Dry Red chillies broken
- 1 tsp Ginger finely chopped
- Few Curry Leaves
- A pinch Asafoetida/Hing (Optional)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan on medium flame.
- Add mustard seeds and let them crackle.
- Add green chillies, red chillies, ginger, curry leaves and sauté for few seconds or until red chillies change colour.
- Now add a pinch of asafoetida, salt.
- Add turmeric powder mix well and reduce the flame to lowest setting.
- Now add cooked rice.
- Squeeze juice from 1/2 a lime.
- Mix well and turn off the flame.
- Add coriander leaves
- Mix until well combined.
Cook rice in such a way that each grain is separate. Add tsp oil to the cooked rice and spread the rice on a plate/tray to cool down to room temperature. You can use ordinary rice or basmati rice. Best is to use leftover rice for this recipe as little dried rice helps in even and easy mixing. Asafoetida enhances the flavour, skip if you don’t like it. Adjust lemon juice and chillies according to your preferred sourness and spice levels.
- Save later for Pinterest