Corn Fried Rice - an easy and quick vegan dish that makes a perfect weeknight dinner. Flavour packed sweetcorn rice is made with few ingredients that make an ideal dish for kids.
Leftover rice lying in the fridge has so many potential uses and there are so many excellent ways to turn it into an entirely new dish such as this fried rice, Lemon rice, Coconut rice, Jeera rice. Fried rice is a great option for family gatherings, potlucks or any parties. The process remains the same but you need to use freshly cooked rice. Honey Garlic Cauliflower, manchurian or any Indo-Chinese starters pairs well with fried rice. Sweet corn rice made with freshly prepared rice can be packed for lunch box too. This is a great way to make kids eat vegetables without any fuss since this is mildly spiced.
Corn fried rice recipe variations
To make this recipe simple, you could use just sweet corn kernels skip rest of the vegetables - carrots, bell pepper, cabbage, onion. This cuts down the extra work to chop the vegetables and saves your time.
Mixed peppers and beans make a great addition.
You could substitute fresh corn with frozen or tinned sweetcorn. If you are using frozen corn just thaw and drain well before using, it is not necessary to boil them.
Watch How to make corn fried rice
If you enjoy watching my videos, please subscribe to my Youtube Channel and click the bell icon, so you’ll be the first to know when I post a new video. THANK YOU for subscribing!
More Mid-week meals:
Vegetables: Sweetcorn kernels, onion, cabbage, carrot, green bell pepper, spring onion.
Liquids: Oil, vinegar, soy sauce,
Spices: White pepper powder, black pepper powder, salt
Rice: I've used leftover cooked sona masoori rice, you could use basmati rice, long grain or any variety of rice.
Cook onion, cabbage, carrot and bell peppers until half cooked.
Mix in cooked rice, boiled sweetcorn, white and black pepper powder, salt.
Add soy sauce, vinegar and spring onion.
Enjoy piping hot mildly spiced corn fried rice.
If you use freshly cooked rice then allow the rice to cool down to room temperature before using it.
Make sure not to break the rice grains while mixing.
Do not cook vegetables until they are soft, fried rice tastes best when vegetables are just 50 - 60% cooked.
Corn Fried Rice
1 cup = 250ml ; 1 tablespoon = 15ml
- 4 tablespoon Oil
- 3 cups Rice cooked
- 1 cup Sweetcorn Kernels boiled
- ¼ cup Onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup Cabbage finely chopped
- ⅓ cup Carrot finely chopped
- ½ cup Green Pepper finely chopped
- ¼ cup Spring Onion chopped
- Salt as required
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- ½ teaspoon White Pepper Powder
- Heat 4 tablespoon oil in a pan on medium-high flame.
- Add chopped onions and cabbage, saute for a minute or until cabbage is half done.
- Now add chopped carrot, pepper, saute for a minute or until vegetables are half done.
- Reduce the flame, add cooked rice, boiled sweet corn kernels, salt, white pepper powder, black pepper powder and mix well carefully. Make sure not to break the rice grains. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until rice is hot.
- Finally add vinegar, soya sauce, spring onion and mix well.
- Serve piping hot mildly spiced Corn Fried Rice with any Indo-Chinese starters
KEEP IN TOUCH
Do let me know if you make this delicious Sweet Corn Rice. I love to get feedback from readers.