Veggie wraps are the perfect grab and go lunch. Quick and easy vegetable wraps are made with minimal ingredients and effort.
As always, you will find the full ingredients list with measurements and detailed recipe instructions in a separate recipe box underneath the text section. To bypass the text section choose “SCROLL TO RECIPE” or “PRINT RECIPE” or click the “SCROLL TO VIDEO” option to watch the full video of this recipe. All options are located at the beginning of the post.
Vegetable cream cheese wraps filled with crunchy vegetables make a great lunch or snack. Perfect to take for picnics, road trip or lunch on the go.
Veggie Wraps Recipe Variations
Sun dried tomatoes make a great addition and enhance the taste of wraps.
Roasted vegetables can be substituted for raw.
You can use whatever vegetables you have on hand. However, you have to be careful about the moisture content of the vegetables. Ensure to deseed vegetables such as tomatoes and cucumber if you do not intend to eat immediately.
Mayonnaise or garlic and herb cream cheese can be substituted for plain cream cheese.
To spice up your wrap, substitute carrot chutney for cream cheese.
For vegan wraps, substitute regular cream cheese with cashew or any plant-based cream cheese.
Sunflower seeds, boiled chickpeas or any cooked beans make a healthy addition.
Tortillas can be substituted with any flatbread of your choice – chapati, paratha, naan, pita bread.
How to serve Veggie Wrap
Perfect to pack for school lunches, picnics, road trips, work lunches.
Cut them into bite-size and serve veggie roll-ups as an appetiser or snack on its own or along with a yogurt mint dip for guests at a party.
Serve them as an evening snack, light dinner or quick supper.
Watch How to Make Vegetable Wraps
If you enjoy watching my videos, please subscribe to my Youtube Channel and click the bell icon, so you’ll be the first to know when I post a new video. THANK YOU for subscribing!
1. Place the tortilla on a plate or clean work surface. Spread the cream cheese all over the tortilla leaving little space on the edges that will be rolled.
2. Next, place the carrot slightly below the center of the tortilla, fill it horizontally leaving little space at the edges. Now layer it with cucumber followed by capsicum (bell pepper) and tomato. Ensure to layer the vegetables in one direction.
3. Add a salt and pepper.
4. To wrap the tortilla, first, fold in two ends over the filling, then fold the bottom of the tortilla up over the filling tightly. Continue to roll up until the whole thing is wrapped.
Serve veggie wraps immediately.
Adjust seasoning to suit your taste.
You can fill as many vegetables as you want. However, ensure not to overfill as it will be difficult to wrap the tortilla.
You can substitute tortilla with any flatbread.
Heat tortilla in a microwave or on a pan for few seconds until it is warm. Too much heating turns the tortilla hard which results in breaking while folding.
You can roll each tortilla in a plastic wrap to prevent the tortilla from drying out and keep them in the fridge until you are ready to eat. Plastic wrap also helps to keep the wraps nice and sealed and helps to keep its shape.
More Recipes for Lunchbox
1 cup = 250ml ; 1 tbsp =15ml ; 1tsp =5ml
- 2 Whole Wheat Tortilla
- 2 tbsp Cream Cheese
- 1 medium/ 1/3 cup Carrot peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1/3 medium cucumber/ 1/4 cup Cucumber cut into thin slices
- 1 medium/ 1/4 cup Tomato deseed and cut into thin slices
- 1/3 each yellow and red pepper/ 1/3 cup Capsicum cut into thin slices
- Salt as required
- Pepper as required
- Heat tortillas in microwave for 10-20 seconds or on a pan until each side is just warm.
- Place the tortilla on a plate or clean work surface. Spread the cream cheese all over the tortilla leaving little space on the edges that will be rolled.
- Next, place the carrot slightly below the center of the tortilla, fill it horizontally leaving little space at the edges. Now layer it with cucumber followed by capsicum (bell pepper) and tomato. Ensure to layer the vegetables in one direction.
- Add a salt and pepper.
- To wrap the tortilla, first, fold in two ends over the filling, then fold the bottom of the tortilla up over the filling tightly. Continue to roll up until the whole thing is wrapped.
- Serve vegetable wraps immediately.
KEEP IN TOUCH
Do let me know if you make this simple yet delicious veggie wraps. I love to get feedback from readers.