Here is the quick and easy vegetable flatbread pizza that gets ready in under 15 minutes and makes a fuss-free weekday dinner or weekend supper. This individual size naan bread pizza is an ideal dish to incorporate more vegetables and engage kids in kitchen activities.
This mini naan bread pizza is a great way to get your kids involved in cooking. Encourage your child to be creative in choosing toppings and make their own pizza. It not only helps them to learn essential life skill but also allow them to explore and try food with various texture and flavour that they wouldn’t want to try otherwise.
Easy vegetable flatbread pizza is definitely a lifesaver on days when you are short of time to cook or on those lazy days you don’t want to spend much time in the kitchen but want to serve your family an enticing meal. Having help from little hands would reduce half of your stress!
While cooking with kids sounds lovely, kid's safety should be given the utmost importance. Ensure young kids do not handle the oven on their own to avoid burning and make sure older kids wear suitable oven gloves while handling the oven. Do not allow kids to use sharp knives. The plastic knives specially designed for kids are a great alternative that reduces the chances of bad cuts. Refer safety disclaimer for more details.
Garlic naan or garlic coriander naan could be used instead of plain naan bread.
Pizza sauce could be replaced with passata, pesto, tomato sauce, carrot chutney or green chutney. You could even use homemade pasta sauce. Get the recipe from my pasta with hidden vegetable sauce post.
Add few jalapenos or chill flakes for adults or older kids if they prefer spicy pizza.
Pizza Topping Ideas
Use whatever topping your child chooses such as
- Bell peppers (capsicum)
- Red onion
- Oregano/Basil/Mixed Italian Herbs
- Mozzarella/cheddar cheese
How to serve?
This naan bread pizza makes a great weeknight dinner or weekend brunch. All you need is to have the required ingredients ready in hand and 10-15 minutes of your time!
Planning a pizza day? Then my bread pizza or this homemade pizza is definitely a fun dish to make for kids. Have bread and flatbread of your choice and all the toppings ready, allow kids to make their own pizza. Best part is kids can customise to suit their taste preference.
Tips and Tricks to make tasty flatbread pizza
Do not bake too long as it makes flatbread crust hard and chewy. Ensure to bake just until cheese melts.
Choose thick flatbread such as naan bread or pita bread to replicate the taste and texture of authentic pizza crust.
Use thin flatbread if you prefer crispy crust. Toast the flatbread before topping just to ensure naan pizza turns out crispy.
Watch how to make easy naan bread pizza
If you enjoy watching my videos, please subscribe to my Youtube Channel and click the bell icon, so you’ll be the first to know when I post a new video. THANK YOU for subscribing!
Step by Step Instructions
Pre heat oven at 220 C (430 F).
1. Place naan breads on a lined baking tray. Apply butter and generous pizza sauce.
2. Now add toppings - sprinkle shredded cheese all over naan bread followed by sliced onion, mixed peppers.
3 & 4. Add corn followed by cherry tomatoes, garlic and oregano.
Place the baking tray in oven and bake for 5-8 minutes just until cheese melts.
Take out the tray and enjoy piping hot homemade vegetable mini pizza.
Use as much toppings as your family likes. Consider the measurements shown here as guidance.
Sprinkle chilli flakes or add jalapeno peppers for the spicy flavour.
More kid-friendly recipes
📖 Recipe Card
Easy Vegetable Flatbread Pizza
1 cup = 250ml ; 1 tablespoon = 15ml ; 1 teaspoon = 5ml
- 2 Mini Plain Naan Breads
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 4 tablespoon Pizza sauce
- 62 gms (or) ½ cup (or) 1 small Red Onion sliced
- 72 gms (or) ½ cup Mixed Pepper (Capsicum) sliced
- 62 gms (or) ¼ cup Corn
- 139 gms (or) ½ cup (or) 8 Cherry Tomatoes each cut into half
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon Oregano
- 96 gms (or) 1 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- Before you get started, scroll up a little and watch a quick recipe video.
- Check the tips and tricks, notes for extra info and help.
- Pre heat oven at 220 C (430 F).
- Place naan breads on a lined baking tray. Apply butter and generous pizza sauce.
- Now add toppings - sprinkle shredded cheese all over naan bread followed by sliced onion, mixed peppers.
- Add corn followed by cherry tomatoes, garlic and oregano.
- Place the baking tray in oven and bake for 5-8 minutes just until cheese melts.
- Take out the tray and enjoy piping hot vegetable mini pizza.
Keep in Touch
Do let me know if you make this easy homemade vegetable flatbread pizza. I love hearing from you all. If you like this recipe kindly consider rating it using stars in the comment section or in the recipe card to help more people find this recipe online.