Homemade raspberry ice cream made with just 4 ingredients is an extremely smooth and super delicious dessert to enjoy on hot summer days. This creamy and rich no-churn ice cream is made with real ingredients and without any preservatives or artificial colouring agents.
This no churn ice cream is one of the easiest and best ice creams you would ever make or taste. Best part is ice cream maker is not required to prepare it.
There is nothing like a frozen desserts such as ice cream, Strawberry frozen yogurt , Strawberry yogurt bark to end the meal on summer days. This easy peasy homemade ice cream made with just handful ingredients makes a perfect dessert after meal on hot summer days.
How to make raspberry sauce?
Raspberry sauce is very simple and easy to make with few ingredients. All you need to do is to puree the fruit, strain to discard seeds and then boil with sugar and lemon juice until thick.
Apart from homemade ice cream, raspberry sauce is perfect fruity topping for pancakes, crepes, waffles, overnight oats, porridge, yogurt granola parfait and desserts.
If the sauce is too thick to use as a topping then just add a little water and simmer to thin it.
Add a dash of vanilla extract to infuse lovely flavour to ice cream.
Condensed milk could be used instead of sugar.
Handful chocolate chips or chopped nuts make a great addition. Add them just after whipping cream and raspberry sauce and then gently fold in to incorporate.
Tips and Tricks to make creamy homemade ice cream
Whip cream and raspberry sauce just until soft peaks. Do not overwhip as it may ruin the texture of the ice cream.
Lemon juice not only enhances the flavour but also balances the sweet and tart flavours of raspberry.
Let the ice cream tray sit for 5-10 minutes before you serve. This helps to get rid of ice crystals and soften the ice cream to make it easy to scoop out.
It is essential to strain raspberry puree to remove tiny seeds which otherwise would affect texture of ice cream.
High fat cream provides the creamy and smooth ice cream. Higher the fat content, creamier the ice cream would be.
Ensure the sauce is not too thick as it thickens further once it cools down completely.
Use chilled bowl and cold double cream to speed up whipping process.
Watch How to Make homemade raspberry ice cream
If you enjoy watching my videos, please subscribe to my Youtube Channel and click the bell icon, so you’ll be the first to know when I post a new video. THANK YOU for subscribing!
Step by Step Instructions
Thaw raspberries either in fridge or on kitchen counter.
1 & 2. In a blender add raspberries and process until pureed.
3 & 4. Strain puree in a saucepan, using a spatula or spoon press the puree through the strainer to extract maximum pulp leaving behind the tiny seeds.
5 & 6. Keep the saucepan on stove. Stir in sugar, lemon juice and bring it to boil.
7. Boil on medium low flame for around 10 minutes stirring regularly until it thickens.
8. Switch off the heat and allow it to cool completely.
9 & 10. In a chilled deep bowl, put double cream (heavy cream), raspberry puree and whip on medium speed for 15 minutes until soft peaks.
11 & 12. Transfer it to a container, cover it with greaseproof paper/parchment paper and then wrap it with a cling wrap.
Freeze it for 5-6 hours before enjoying.
Adjust sugar depending on sweetness of raspberries.
You can use either frozen or fresh raspberries.
Ensure to thaw the raspberries before processing if using frozen.
More Dessert Recipes to try
Fruit Salad with Ginger Lime Dressing
📖 Recipe Card
Homemade Raspberry Ice Cream
1 cup = 250ml ; 1 tablespoon = 15ml ; 1 teaspoon = 5ml
- 2 cups (or) 330 gms Frozen Raspberries
- 1 cup (or) 235 gms Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 tubs (or) 568 ml Double Cream/Heavy Cream
- Before you get started, scroll up a little and watch a quick recipe video.
- Check the tips and tricks, notes for extra info and help.
- Thaw raspberries either in fridge or on kitchen counter.
- In a blender add raspberries and process until pureed.
- Strain puree in a saucepan, using spatula or spoon press the puree through the strainer to extract maximum pulp leaving behind the tiny seeds.
- Keep the saucepan on stove. Stir in sugar, lemon juice and bring it to boil.
- Boil on medium low flame stirring regularly for 10 minutes until it thickens.
- Swich off the heat and allow it to cool completely.
- In a chilled deep bowl, put double cream (heavy cream), raspberry puree and whip with hand on medium speed for 15 minutes until soft peaks.
- Transfer it to a container, cover it with greaseproof paper/parchment paper and then wrap it with a cling wrap.
- Freeze it for 5-6 hours before enjoying.
More Frozen Recipes
Keep in Touch
Do let me know if you make this easy homemade raspberry ice cream. I love hearing from you all. If you like this recipe kindly consider rating it using stars in the comment section or in the recipe card to help more people find this recipe online.
You can stay up to date by following on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or subscribe to my Youtube channel. Or why not subscribe to my blog and get simple recipes straight to your inbox?
Icecream looks so gorgeous! I will make it with fresh raspberries that are lying in my kitchen. Much needed dessert in this scorching summer and not needing ice cream maker is a bonus.
Absolutely Lynn, making ice cream without machine is definitely an added bonus!
hi what sugar do you use ?
I use granulated white sugar.