This creamy, rich and smooth 3 ingredient vanilla ice cream makes a delicious treat. This gluten-free no-churn homemade vanilla ice cream is ridiculously easy to make without an ice cream maker.
Occasionally indulgence is absolutely ok as long as you consume moderately. The key factor to replicating the taste and texture of store-bought ice cream is the ratio of cream and condensed milk.
Condensed milk is not only used to add sweetness but also adds creaminess and stability to the ice cream. The low sugar content can turn ice cream hard. But never attempt to reduce the quantity of condensed milk as you may not achieve the soft and easily scoopable texture.
However, evaporated milk could be used along with sugar instead of condensed milk in case you have it on hand and don't want to go shopping just to buy condensed milk.
- Cream: Double cream (heavy cream)
- Sweetener: Condensed Milk is not only used as a sweetener but to provide creaminess to ice cream.
- Flavouring agent: I have used vanilla extract.
See the recipe card for quantities.
In a chilled bowl, place the double cream (heavy cream) and vanilla extract and whip with a handheld blender until stiff peaks.
Now add the condensed milk and fold it with a spatula.
Pour the mixture into the chilled tub or freezer-friendly container.
Close the tub with cling wrap. While wrapping gently press the wrap so that it touches the surface of the ice cream.
Put the container in the freezer for 6-8 hours.
Enjoy homemade vanilla ice cream.
Tips and Tricks
The condensed milk to heavy cream/double cream (unwhipped) ratio must be 2:3 to achieve a soft and creamy texture of the ice cream.
Ensure the plastic wrap touches the surface of the ice cream to prevent ice crystals from forming.
Use a chilled bowl and cream to speed up the whipping process. Keep the bowl in the fridge for 2-3 hours and then use it.
Consider metric measurements for accuracy.
Vanilla ice cream stays fresh for 3 months if stored properly in an airtight container. Ensure to wrap the surface of the ice cream with cling film or plastic wrap before closing the lid.
The flat and wide freezer-safe plastic containers are better than deep containers for storage as ice cream freezes faster and also allows for easier scooping.
Use airtight containers to prevent ice cream from absorbing other flavours from the freezer.
It's a great summer dessert to enjoy after meals.
Warm cranberry crisp topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream makes an utterly delicious sweet treat.
Vanilla ice cream with decadent walnut cocoa powder brownies drizzled with hot chocolate sauce is an irresistible dessert to indulge in.
Use it to make summer drinks such as oreo milkshake.
More Frozen Desserts
Before freezing, cover the ice cream container with a plastic wrap/cling film ensuring it touches the surface of ice cream. This prevents the ice crystals from forming.
Sugar and evaporated milk could be used instead of condensed milk. Sugar is essential as evaporated milk is unsweetened condensed milk.
Keep in Touch
Do let me know if you make this easy peasy 3 ingredient vanilla ice cream. I love hearing from you all. If you like this recipe kindly consider rating it using stars in the comment section or on the recipe card to help more people find this recipe online. You can stay up to date by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or subscribing to my Youtube channel. Or why not subscribe to my blog and get simple recipes straight to your inbox?
3 Ingredient Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 Deep bottom bowl
- 1 Electric Whisk
- 1 shallow plastic box with lid
- Cling film/plastic wrap
- 1 Spatula
1 Cup = 250ml ; 1 Tablespoon = 15ml ; 1 Teaspoon = 5ml
- 540 ml (or) 2¼ cups Double Cream (Heavy Cream)
- 360ml (or) 460 gms (or) 1¼ cups Condensed Milk
- ½ Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- In a chilled bowl, place the double cream (heavy cream) and vanilla extract and whip with a handheld blender until stiff peaks.540 ml (or) 2¼ cups Double Cream (Heavy Cream), ½ Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Now add the condensed milk and fold it with a spatula.360ml (or) 460 gms (or) 1¼ cups Condensed Milk
- Pour the mixture into the chilled tub or freezer-friendly container.
- Close the tub with cling wrap. While wrapping gently press the wrap so that it touches the surface of the ice cream.
- Put the container in the freezer for 6-8 hours.
- Enjoy homemade vanilla ice cream.