Pasta with hidden vegetable sauce made with a creamy, healthy and tasty sauce made with assorted vegetables, herbs and few spices. Pasta made with kid-friendly vegetable sauce is a great way to make picky kids eat their healthy meals without any fuss.
As always, you will find the full ingredients list with measurements and detailed recipe instructions in a separate recipe box underneath the text section. To bypass the text section choose “SCROLL TO RECIPE” or “PRINT RECIPE” or click the “SCROLL TO VIDEO” option to watch the full video of this recipe. All options are located at the beginning of the post.
Canned tomatoes could be substituted with fresh or pureed tomatoes.
Any leftover vegetables could be used to make this veggie sauce.
This is a kid-friendly pasta sauce. For hot and fiery flavour, mix in red chilli flakes and toss the pasta just before you serve.
How to make hidden vegetable sauce?
This tomato and vegetable pasta sauce is a simple and straight forward process to make with pantry ingredients and vegetables. Cook vegetables with spices, chopped tomatoes and then grind them to smooth paste. You could use any vegetables that you have in hand or the ones that you want to feed your kids. This is a great way to make kids eat their vegetables specifically for those picky kids who find it difficult to deal with the texture of vegetables.
How to store hidden veggie sauce?
Make a big batch, divide into portions and then store in zip lock bags or freezer-friendly containers. Ensure to allow the sauce to cool completely before you transfer it to zip lock bags/containers. Take out a portion and keep it in the fridge to thaw a night before you plan to use it.
This veggie sauce stays good for 4-5 days in the fridge if stored in a clean airtight jar. Whenever you make a small batch store it in a fridge and make sure to use it up the same week.
Various ways to use vegetable sauce
I made this pureed vegetable sauce specifically for pasta. However, this kid friendly pasta sauce could be used as a multi purpose sauce in various recipes.
Use it as a healthy pizza sauce.
You could swap it for tomato sauce/chopped tomatoes in the curry or one pot recipes.
It makes a great base sauce for vegetable bake or lasagne.
Watch How to Make pasta with healthy vegetable sauce
If you enjoy watching my videos, please subscribe to my Youtube Channel and click the bell icon, so you’ll be the first to know when I post a new video. THANK YOU for subscribing!
More Kid Friendly Recipes
Step by Step Instructions
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium-low heat and cook vegetables, garlic until soft.
2. Add seasoning, spices, chopped tomatoes and cook for 5 mins. Let it cool completely.
3. Puree cooked vegetables with a hand held blender or in a mixer jar.
4. In the same pan, add required amount of vegetable sauce, cream.
5. Let it bubble over medium heat.
6. Add cooked pasta and mix until well combined.
Serve delicious pasta with hidden vegetable sauce to kids and watch how they finish off the bowl without any fuss.
Store the remaining sauce in a glass jar in fridge or freezer.
I've used rotini pasta. Feel free to use any pasta that you have in hand.
Adjust seasoning and spices to your kids taste.
Skip ground pepper and cumin if you are making it for toddlers.
Pasta with Hidden Vegetable Sauce
1 cup = 250ml ; 1 tbsp = 15ml ; 1 tsp = 5ml
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 143 g (or) 1 cup (or) 2 medium Carrot chopped
- 166 g (or) 1.5 cups (or) 1 medium Courgettes chopped
- 47 g (or) ⅓ cup Green Pepper chopped
- 185 g (or) 1 cup (or) 1 large Sweet Potato chopped
- 400 g (or) 2 cups (or) 1 tin Tomato
- as required Salt
- as required Pepper
- 1 tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Basil
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 293 g (or) 3 cups Pasta (rotini or penne) cooked (563 gms)
- 125 ml (or) ½ cup Double Cream
- Before you get started, scroll up a little and watch a quick recipe video.
To make hidden vegetable pasta sauce:
- Heat oil in a skillet/pan over medium low flame.
- Once oil is hot, add garlic, carrot, courgettes, green peppers, sweet potato and salt. Mix well, close the lid and cook for 8-10 minutes until vegetables soften.
- Now add tinned chopped tomatoes, basil, oregano, pepper, mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool completely.
- Transfer the contents to a blender/mixer and grind until smooth.
To make hidden veggie pasta
- In a deep bottomed pan add required amount of vegetable sauce and cream.
- Stir and let sauce bubble over medium low heat.
- At this point, check the seasoning and add if required.
- Put cooked pasta and stir until well combined.
- Enjoy delicious and creamy vegetable pasta.
- Store the remaining sauce in a glass jar in fridge or freezer.
KEEP IN TOUCH
Do let me know if you make this simple kid-friendly vegetable pasta. I love hearing from you all. If you like this recipe kindly consider rating it using stars in the comment section to help more people find this recipe online.