Sweet Tamarind Chutney for Chaats / Sweet Tamarind Sauce |
Nut free, Gluten free, Vegan
1 Cup = 240ml
- 1 cup Tamarind Pulp
- 1 tbsp Ginger Powder
- 1 tbsp Black Salt
- 1 cup Jaggery
- 1 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Fennel seed Powder
- 1 cup Water
- In a pan add tamarind pulp and water
- Now add jaggery
- Mix well and bring mixture to boil on medium heat stirring regularly.
- Now add 1 tbsp each ginger powder, cumin powder. chilli powder, fennel seed powder, black salt.
- Salt as required.
- On medium heat, boil the mixture stirring regularly until it starts to thicken.
- Keep stirring to avoid burning.
- Once chutney reaches desired consistency turn off the flame.
- Allow chutney to cool down completely before serving. Store remaining chutney in refrigerator.