Bhel Puri | Mumbai bhel puri recipe
Bhel Puri is a sweet, spicy, tangy and crispy classic mumbai street food prepared with puffed rice, onion, tomato, spicy mixture, sweet and spicy chutneys. It is a low fat, nutritious and delicious chaat with many flavours.Here is the recipe with step by step photos and video.Print Pin Share by Email Rate
Servings: 1 cup
1 cup = 240ml
- 1 cup Puffed Rice
- 4-5 Papdi
- ⅓ cup Onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup Tomato finely chopped
- ⅓ cup Potato boiled, peeled and cut into cubes
- ⅓ cup Carrot shredded
- 1 tablespoon Coriander
- ⅓ cup Mixture
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Tamarind Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Green Chutney
- ½ teaspoon Chat Masala
- ½ teaspoon Chilli Powder
- ½ lime Lemon Juice
- As required Salt
- 1 tablespoon Onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Coriander finely chopped
- Handful Sev
- In a large bowl add puffed rice, onion, tomato, coriander, carrot and potato.
- Now sweet tamarind chutney, mint and coriander chutney, spicy bombay mixture, crushed papdis, chat masala, chilli powder, salt.
- Add lemon juice from half a lime.
- Mix until well combined
- To serve add a bowl full of prepared puffed rice mixture, top up with coriander, onion and sev.
Prepare Bhel Puri just before serving to avoid puffed rice from getting soggy. Adjust tamarind chutney, green chutney and other spices as per your required taste preferences. Pre - prepare papdis and store it in an air tight container, prepare green chutney/mint & coriander chutney, sweet tamarind chutney and store them in a refrigerator so that you can prepare Bhel Puri even more quickly.
Tried this recipe?Leave your feedback and RATE THE RECIPE!
Enjoy recipe video?Check out my YouTube channel FLAVOURS TREAT for more videos!
Like this recipe?Join our EMAIL LIST to receive new recipes!
Save later for Pinterest.
Leave a Reply