Bread Vada - a delicious deep-fried patty that goes perfectly well with a cup of coffee or chai. This delicious and indulgent instant version vada made with white bread slices, few spices and vegetables have a crispy outside and soft inside.
It is an instant vada recipe, so make sure not to prepare the dough in advance or allow it to sit for a long time as the moisture from yogurt and onion alters the dough consistency and vada tend to break while frying in oil.
Bread Vada Recipe Variations
Shredded cabbage, spinach makes a great addition.
You could add a handful of crushed peanuts for a crunchy texture.
MORE SNACKS RECIPES:
Watch How to make Bread Vada
If you enjoy watching my videos, please subscribe to my Youtube Channel and click the bell icon, so you’ll be the first to know when I post a new video. THANK YOU for subscribing!
Bread: I've used white bread. You may use wholemeal bread, millet bread or any kind of soft bread.
Vegetables: Onion, green chillies, carrot, ginger.
Herbs: Curry leaves, coriander and mint are used to infuse more flavours.
Whole & Dry Spices: I've used the most common spices cumin and chilli powder.
Liquids: Oil for deep frying and yogurt as a binding agent.
Flour: Rice flour is used to get crispy texture.
Roughly crumble bread slices in a blender.
Place crumbled bread and rest of the ingredients in a deep bowl.
Combine well to form a soft dough.
Grease hands with oil, take a lime size ball and make medium-thick patties.
Fry vadas in oil.
Drain vadas over paper towel.
Enjoy delicious crispy and hot Bread Vada with tomato ketchup or any chutney.....
Do not add water as yogurt act as a binding agent which is sufficient to combine all the ingredients.
Adjust chili powder and green chilies as per your preferred spice levels.
You can break bread into small pieces with hands instead of crumbling them blender.
Not just fresh bread even stale or leftover bread can be used.
Do not prepare the dough in advance or allow it to sit for a long time as yogurt and onion release moisture that makes vada to break while frying in oil. Always prepare the dough and fry vadas immediately.
📖 Recipe Card
1 cup = 250ml ; 1 tablespoon = 15ml
Nut Free, Kid Friendly
- 5 slices White Bread
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 cup Yogurt
- ½ cup Carrot shredded
- ⅓ cup Onion finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies chopped
- 1 teaspoon Curry Leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoon Coriander chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon Mint chopped
- ⅓ cup Rice Flour
- Salt as required
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- ¼ teaspoon Chilli Powder
- Roughly crumble bread slices in a blender.
- Transfer the bread crumbs to a wide bowl.
- Now add carrot, onion, green chillies, coriander, curry leaves, ginger, mint, rice flour, salt, cumin seeds, chilli powder and yogurt.
- Mix well so that all the ingredients are well combined and forms a soft dough.
- Grease hands with oil and take a lime size ball from the dough.
- Press gently and flatten the ball like medium thick patties.
- Drop flattened patties in hot oil in a batch of 3-4 and deep fry.
- Stir occasionally and turn once or twice for even browning, fry on medium heat till it turns golden and crisp.
- Drain over paper towel.
- Enjoy delicious crispy and hot Bread Vada with tomato ketchup or any chutney.....
If you like this recipe, please leave me a comment, rate it, pin it for later or share it. It means a lot to me. Thanks!!