Protein-rich chocolate peanut butter energy balls are healthy, yet indulgent treats made with just 5 ingredients and are ready in 10 minutes. These chocolate oats peanut balls are quick and easy to make with kids.
Nothing could be as easy as these no-bake vegan protein balls to prepare. Kids would love to be a part of making this decadent yet healthy chocolate treat. It's the best way to keep the young brains and little hands occupied. Involving kids in the kitchen chores not only reduces their screen time but encourages them to try new food that they prepare, which they wouldn't even touch otherwise.
- Oats Flour: I use store bought oats flour. You can use homemade oats flour.
- Peanut Butter: I use smooth peanut butter as it works well and gives a lovely texture to the energy balls.
- Cocoa Powder: Unsweetened cocoa powder works well in this recipe.
- Maple Syrup: I use maply syrup to sweeten peanut butter balls. Feel free to use any sweetener of your choice.
- Desiccated Coconut: It adds a lovely taste and texture. Use coconut powder or totally skip it if you like your vegan protein balls to be smooth.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Place the oats flour, peanut butter, desiccated coconut, cocoa powder and maple syrup in a bowl.
Stir until well combined.
Scoop the mixture out with a spoon and roll it into a ball.
Place the rolled ball in a lined baking sheet.
Continue the process with the remaining mixture.
Refrigerate these chocolate peanut butter energy balls for 1 hour or just until the balls are set.
Store these delicious vegan cocoa protein balls in a jar and enjoy them anytime.
Gluten-free: Use certified gluten-free oats flour or use almond flour instead of oats.
Sweetener: you can use agave nectar or dates syrup instead of maple syrup.
Consider adding nuts - almonds, pecans, walnuts, peanuts for a crunch.
A big pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg adds a lovely flavour.
Consider chocolate chips to make it more appetising for kids.
Roll these no-bake oats balls in sprinkles to coat the outer layer to make them appealing for kids.
These chocolate energy balls stay fresh for up to 10 days if stored properly in an airtight container in the fridge.
Freeze them for longer shelf life. Place the tray with peanut butter energy balls in the freezer for 2-3 hours or until they harden. Take the tray out of the freezer, transfer the balls into a freezer-friendly container or zip lock bags. Use them up within 3 months. Ensure to thaw these chocolate protein balls well in the fridge the night before you plan to eat.
Tips and Tricks
If the mixture is too dry add a few tablespoons of coconut oil or water and stir to combine. Add 1-2 tablespoons at a time, add more if required while combining the mixture.
If the mixture is too wet to make the balls, mix in a little desiccated coconut or oats flour.
Too much cocoa powder imparts a bitter taste so ensure not to add too much.
Ensure the peanut butter is of runny consistency. If it's thick then microwave for a minute stirring in between to loosen it a bit.
Taste the mixture and add maple syrup if necessary.
Great as an after-school snack.
These oats peanut butter balls are a healthy yet satisfying treat to have at unusual times when sweet cravings kick in.
Enjoy it as a light dessert after a meal.
It is a fun holiday snack to make and enjoy with kids.
These chocolate protein balls are an ideal homemade gift option to give specifically for health-conscious people.
📖 Recipe Card
Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Place the oats flour, peanut butter, desiccated coconut, cocoa powder and maple syrup in a bowl.115 gms (or) 1 cup Oats Flour, 155 gms (or) ½ cup Peanut Butter, 21 gms (or) ¼ cup Desiccated Coconut, 15 gms (or) 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, 48 gms (or) 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Stir until well combined.
- Scoop the mixture out with a spoon and roll it into a ball.
- Place the rolled ball in a lined baking sheet.
- Continue the process with the remaining mixture.
- Refrigerate these chocolate peanut butter energy balls for 1 hour or just until the balls are set.
Keep in touch
Do let me know if you make this decadent no bake chocolate peanut butter balls. I love hearing from you all. If you like this recipe kindly consider rating it using stars in the comment section or in the recipe card to help more people find this recipe online.