Mango coconut burfi is a delicious tropical flavoured fudge made with mango pulp and desiccated coconut. The perfect combination of coconut and mango makes it a very delicious dessert and perfect to make on special occasions.
This soft and melt in mouth mango coconut barfi is infused with mango pulp, the roasted aroma of coconut and fragrance from cardamom are just perfect on its own. Barfi is one of the favourite desserts and most preferred sweets during any celebrations and festivals in India.
MORE FESTIVAL SWEET IDEAS:
Mango coconut burfi recipe variations
This recipe can be customised to suit your requirements. You could replace corn starch with condensed milk and milk powder as binding agents and to infuse more flavours in burfi. However, you need to cook longer until the mixture gets thick and reach the desired consistency.
You could substitute ready to use mango pulp with fresh homemade mango purée (cut fresh ripe mango into cubes and blend).
Desiccated coconut could be substituted with freshly grated coconut.
Substitute ghee with coconut oil for the vegan version.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE MANGO COCONUT BURFI
If you enjoy watching my videos, please subscribe to my Youtube Channel and click the bell icon, so you’ll be the first to know when I post a new video. THANK YOU for subscribing!
1 cup = 250ml ; 1 tablespoon = 15ml
Ghee: 2 tbsp
Mango pulp: 2 cups
Desiccated coconut: 2 cups
Corn flour: 2 tbsp
Water: ¼ cup
Sugar: 1 cup
Cardamom powder: ¼ tsp
Almonds: 1 tsp
Pistachios: 1 tsp
Cashew nuts: 1 tsp
In a small bowl prepare corn flour slurry by adding 2 tablespoon cornflour and ¼ cup water, mix well making sure there are no lumps.
Now in a large bowl, add mango pulp, cornflour mixture, sugar and whisk until smooth and lump-free.
Dry roast desiccated coconut on medium-low heat until fragrant and keep it aside.
Heat ghee on medium-high heat in the same pan.
Add mango and cornflour mixture, keep stirring regularly and cook until mixture starts to get dense.
Now cut the heat to lowest possible setting and add desiccated coconut.
Mix well and continue to cook on low heat until mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
Once the mixture reaches desired consistency add cardamom powder.
Now add roughly chopped almonds, pistachios and cashew nuts.
Mix until well combined and turn off the heat.
Transfer the burfi mixture to a greased tray.
Garnish with almonds, cashew nuts.
Cut the burfi into the desired shape while it's still warm.
Delicious Mango Coconut burfi is ready to serve.
Adjust sugar based on the sweetness of mango.
Cut the burfi when it's still warm.
For garnish, you can add melon seeds or any dry fruits of your choice.
📖 Recipe Card
Mango Coconut Burfi/ Mango Coconut Fudge
- In a small bowl prepare corn flour slurry by adding 2 tablespoon corn flour and ¼ cup water, mix well making sure there are no lumps.
- In a 2nd bowl, add mango pulp, corn flour mixture, sugar and whisk until smooth and lump free.
- In a pan, dry roast desiccated coconut until fragrant and keep it aside.
- In the same pan heat ghee.
- Add mango and cornflour mixture, cook on medium heat by stirring regularly until mixture starts to get dense.
- Now reduce the heat to lowest possible setting and add desiccated coconut.
- Mix well and continue to cook on low heat until mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Once mixture reaches desired consistency add cardamom powder.
- Now add roughly chopped almonds, pistachios and cashew nuts.
- Mix until well combined and turn off the heat.
- Transfer the burfi mixture to a greased tray.
- Garnish with almonds, cashew nuts.
- Cut the burfi into the desired shape while its still warm.
- Delicious Mango Coconut burfi is ready to serve.
MORE DESSERT RECIPE IDEAS:
KEEP IN TOUCH
Do let me know if you make this delicious burfi. I love to get feedback from readers.