Iced peach green tea lemonade is a refreshing and delicious drink to enjoy anytime. This fruit green tea lemonade needs only 4 ingredients.
Iced peach green tea lemonade is a recipe inspired by Starbucks but much healthier and tastier. This homemade version of Starbucks iced tea is made with fresh sweet peaches, lemon juice and freshly brewed green tea.
I have used instant brewed green tea. Feel free to use cold-brewed instead. Check out my iced green tea for the cold brew process.
- Peaches: fresh sweet peaches are the best to make this iced fruit tea.
- Green tea bags: Regular green tea bags are used here. For the caffine-free version use decaf green tea bags.
- Sweetener: Maple syrup has been used here. Feel free to use any sweetener of your choice.
- Lemon juice: Fresh lemon juice is used. You can use pre-made bottled lemon juice instead.
- Water: Filtered water to make green tea.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Step by step instructions
Boil water in a kettle or in a saucepan over the stovetop.
Place green tea bags in a pitcher or a heatproof jug, pour in boiling water and close it with a lid.
Steep green tea for 3-4 minutes and remove the tea bags.
Place the diced peaches in a blender.
Pour cooled green tea into a blender.
Close the blender jar with the lid and blend it to a smooth puree.
In a high ball glass, add a handful of ice cubes, pureed peach, maple syrup, lemon juice, green tea and stir well.
Enjoy delicious iced peach green tea lemonade.
Peach: Fresh peaches could be replaced with frozen or canned. You may not need a sweetener if using canned peaches as they are extremely sweet.
Sweetener: use any sweetener of your choice - honey, agave syrup, brown sugar.
Green Tea: I use tea bags as I always have them on hand. You could use loose-leaf tea instead of tea bags to make green tea. However, you have to brew the loose-leaf tea in a saucepan with water over the stovetop to make tea.
Lemon juice: Fresh lemon juice adds the zing and elevates the taste of peach lemonade. However, you could use bottled lemon juice if you have it on hand.
Tips and Tricks
If the peaches are sweet and juicy, you may skip the maple syrup. However, I would suggest testing the taste and adding if required.
Use fresh ripe peaches for the best results. The better the peach, the better the iced peach green tea lemonade taste!
Do not steep green tea longer as it will turn bitter and ruin the taste of iced fruit tea lemonade.
This peach green tea lemonade stays good for 1 day when stored in the fridge in a clean container with a lid. Later it starts fermenting due to the presence of the fresh fruit.
If you are planning to make a big batch for a party, make the green tea, prep the peaches, squeeze out the juice from the fresh lemons one day ahead of time and store them separately in the fridge. On the party day, fill the pitcher with plenty of ice cubes, add green tea, peach puree, sweetener, lemon juice, stir well and serve.
Yes, it is a caffeinated drink as green tea contains caffeine. However, green tea contains less caffeine than black tea or coffee.
Of Course, you can. You may have to either skip or reduce the sweetener if using canned peaches.
Pour the leftover iced tea lemonade into an ice cube tray and store it in the freezer. Pop a couple of these ice cubes in a jug of water and turn plain water into a refreshing drink on hot summer days.
KEEP IN TOUCH
Do let me know if you make this delicious iced peach green tea lemonade recipe. I love hearing from you all. If you like this recipe kindly consider rating it using stars in the comment section or on the recipe card to help more people find this recipe online. You can stay up to date by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram or subscribing to my Youtube channel. Or why not subscribe to my blog and get simple recipes straight to your inbox?
Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade Recipe
- 1 Kettle
- 1 Blender
1 Cup = 250ml ; 1 Tablespoon = 15ml ; 1 Teaspoon = 5ml
- 3 Green Tea Bags
- 2.5 cups Boiling Water
- 2 Peach pitted and diced
- 3 Teaspoons Maple Syrup adjust to taste
- 1 Lemon adjust to taste
- handful Ice Cubes
- Boil water in a kettle or in a saucepan over the stovetop.2.5 cups Boiling Water
- Place green tea bags in a pitcher or a heatproof jug, pour in boiling water and close it with a lid.3 Green Tea Bags
- Steep green tea for 3-4 minutes and remove the tea bags.
- Place the diced peaches in a blender.2 Peach
- Pour cooled green tea into a blender.
- Close the blender jar with the lid and blend it to a smooth puree.
- Take 3 high ball glasses, in each glass add a handful of ice cubes, 2-3 tablespoons pureed peach, 1 teaspoon maple syrup, squeeze juice from half lemon, fill the glass with prepared green tea and stir well.3 Teaspoons Maple Syrup, 1 Lemon, handful Ice Cubes
- Enjoy delicious iced peach green tea lemonade.