Kashaya/ Kashayam Powder (Ayurvedic beverage Mix)
Gluten free, Nut free
1 cup = 240ml
For Kashaya Powder
- 1/2 cup Coriander Seeds
- 1/4 cup Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Black Peppercorn
- 1/4 cup Fennel Seeds
- 2 inch Dried Ginger
- 2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Cloves
- 2 tsp Cardamom
For 1 cup Kashaya/ Kashayam
- 1 tsp Freshly ground powder
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Jaggery powder
- Dry roast 1/2 coriander seeds, 1/4 cup cumin seeds, 1 tbsp black peppercorns, 1/4 cup fennel seeds on low flame until they release the aroma.
- Now add 2 tbsp cloves, 2 tbsp cardamom. Roast on low flame for couple of minutes, turn off the flame and allow them to cool.
- Crush dry ginger in a mortar and pestle.
- Add the roasted ingredients, crushed ginger and turmeric powder into a blender.
- Now grind all the ingredients to a powder and store it in an air tight container.
- In a pan bring water to boil.
- Add kashaya powder and jaggery, let it boil for couple of minute.
- Add milk and brew it for a minute and turn off the heat.
- Strain and enjoy mildly spiced kashaya while its still hot.
Save later for Pinterest.
If you like this recipe, please leave me a comment, rate it, pin it for later or share it. It means a lot to me. Thanks!!