Bread Pizza is a quick kid-friendly snack that is sure to entice even the pickiest eaters. This is a perfect vegetable bread pizza recipe to make with kids. With a few ingredients and ten minutes of cook time, this vegetable pizza will become a favorite in your house!
Making your own vegetable bread pizza is fast, super easy and a lot of fun too. This is a simple and interesting recipe for kids to make themselves with little assistance and adult supervision. Vegetable bread pizza makes an ideal after school snack for kids to keep them full and energetic until dinner.
While cooking with kids sounds lovely, kid's safety should be given the utmost importance. Ensure young kids do not handle oven on their own to avoid burning and make sure older kids wear suitable oven gloves while handling the oven. Do not allow kids to use a sharp knife. The plastic knives specially designed for kids are a great alternative that reduces the chances of bad cuts.
MORE KIDS COOKING RECIPES:
Bread pizza recipe variations
Customise this bread pizza recipe with colourful toppings of kid's choice such as corn, mushroom, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, shredded courgettes, roasted eggplants or roasted pumpkin, fresh basil leaves.
I’ve used mozzarella cheese for its light and creamy texture. Feel free to use cheddar cheese, feta cheese.
Sprinkle some red chili flakes for adults and for kids if they can handle the heat.
Create a stunning bite-sized mini pizza that makes a great appetiser at a kid’s party. Cut the bread into small circles with cookie-cutter, spread the tomato sauce and follow the rest of the steps as mentioned here.
Watch how to make bread pizza
If you enjoy watching my videos, please subscribe to my Youtube Channel and click the bell icon, so you’ll be the first to know when I post a new video. THANK YOU for subscribing!
Apply butter and tomato ketchup on bread slices.
Add onion, capsicum and tomato slices.
Add crushed pepper, garlic, Italian mixed herbs and top each slice with grated cheese.
Cook at 180 C for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
Cut bread pizza into the desired shape and serve immediately.
Bread Pizza Recipe
1 tablespoon = 15ml
- 2 White Bread Slices
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
- 1 small Red Onion sliced
- half Green Bell Pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1 small Tomato deseeded and sliced
- 1 clove Garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian Mixed Herbs
- ½ teaspoon Crushed Pepper
- ¼ cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- Pre-heat oven at 180 C.
- Line the baking tray with parchment or greaseproof paper.
- Place bread slices on a baking tray.
- Apply butter to both the bread slices.
- Spread tomato ketchup generously all over the bread.
- Top them with onion, bell pepper and tomato.
- Now sprinkle the mixed herbs, garlic and crushed pepper.
- Finally, top it with a generous amount of cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes or until the bread turns crisp and cheese melts.
- Cut the bread pizza into the desired shape and serve to kids.
Tomato ketchup could be substituted with pizza sauce or pesto.
You can substitute white bread with wholemeal bread or French bread.
MORE RECIPES WITH WHITE BREAD:
MORE KID-FRIENDLY RECIPES:
KEEP IN TOUCH
Do let me know if you make this fun and interesting veggie pizza recipe. I love to get feedback from readers.